Whittington Park Football Pitch
Special Halloween edition. Half-time oranges will be replaced by toffee apples. A pumpkin as the match ball. More tricks on show than treats. And according to Wikipedia, a popular trend is to use Halloween as an excuse to wear revealing costumes, showing off more skin than would be socially acceptable otherwise, so this will be the only game where wearing skimpy shorts (think early 1980s) is permitted.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in The Floirin pub next to the park, or the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 - 10 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 28 Nov
No game in December (date for our DiS Football Awards night t.b.c.)
Sunday 9 January
Sunday 30 January