While we're on the subject of disliking things you should really enjoy.
This makes me a massive weirdo doesn't it? I really hate myself for it because it would make my social life a lot easier if I didn't but I just don't enjoy drinking. Talking to a mate the other day about how he can spend up to £180 on a night out on booze and I was absolutely horrified. I think i'd actually cry if I woke up and realised i'd spent any more than £40 on a night out.
- It's so expensive, I resent the idea of spending so much and having nothing to show for it
- I'm not sure what point exactly it is where i'm meant to be enjoying it. Too much and I just feel disgusting. Any less and I either don't feel anything or just go into my shell more than I already would be. This fabled confidence it gives you doesn't seem to apply to me.
- Writes off the day after feeling disgusting, heartburn, headaches the lot. No fun whatsoever particularly if you don't enjoy any of the 'benefits' the night before.
- Drunk people are utter dickheads for the most part. This probably only stems from working behind a bar and seeing the other side of it all but it genuinely depresses me seeing everyone acting like utter morons rolling out of whatever pub/bar being abusive, showing absolutely no regard for the poor bastards who have to deal with their inability to control themselves. BROKEN BRITAIN and all that. I want no part of that.
- I just don't like the taste. You know how beer tastes when you're a kid and try some of your Dad's? It still tastes like that to me.
So anyway, are any of you a 24 year old trapped in a middle aged body regarding this? How do I get around this in a socially acceptable manner? Shit thread probs.