Thinking about this from the Dinner Party thread... does anyone else hate PARTIES in general? Just... parties? Y'know where you go round to someone's house (or warehouse *shudder*) and they're "HAVING A PARTY" or whatever?
They are uniformly despicable. I have no idea how to gain enjoyment from attending one. PARTY HATE LIST:
- Standing in the corner of someone's horrible house with a bag full of warm booze. Booze which would be stolen if I put it down somewhere.
- The people who are there who "LOVE GOING TO PARTIES WOOOO PARTY!!!". All cunts to a number. All of them. Cunts.
- Knowing about 5 people there. The other 60+ people being cunts. Loud cunts.
- Queuing for 20 minutes for a piss. And having to do the "obligatory chat to someone else in the queue" thing which is THE worst form of human interaction one can possibly experience.
- "dj" playing music in the corner of the living room. Loudly. At 2am. With NO consideration for the neighbours whatsoever.
- Themes. I hate themes. Thanks.
I don't think I have EVER had fun at a party. I love gatherings (20 or so people in a house - about a 50/50 split of people one knows and people one doesn't); I love going to the pub; I love going to clubs 'n' stuff; I love going to a wide variety of places to get drunk and silly but PARTIES? Get fucked.
Anyone else hate parties? I cannot fathom how anyone could enjoy them...