Whittington Park Football Pitch
Transfer rumours: I can categorically deny that an offer has been received from the Pittsburgh Steelers for our Stealthy. Or from the Cleveland Browns. Or the Arizona Cardinals. Or any other team with a ridiculous name. The board does understand why he is in such high demand for the National Football League, but Stealthy is staying put in London. Deal with it.
Anyway, enough distractions. We got a game to play.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in The Floirin pub next to the park
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 26 Sep
Sunday 31 Oct
Sunday 28 Nov
No game in December