Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
alternatively your top 3 songs works too
ie. 0.0 to 10.0
Needlessly harsh, almost impossible to plase?
i thought you meant an actual pitchfork for some reason and had spelled 'place' wrong.
PLEASE (i've had to retype that 3 types as it kept coming out as LPEASE.)
but if it's a reference to my chest, you are mean. And wrong.
or is he someone in disguise?
OH I'M SUCH A CHARMER
stick with me kid and don't look back
Keep it up :)
the best love affairs start with resistance
gratis of course
(one rating per person btw)
2: Doing your sister.
3: "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen.
neither of those women are particularly attractive, i can't give you props for that activity as much as my inner chi wills it
born to run is the kind of song you can only truly enjoy when you're really drunk, kind of like your mum.
JFC wept at the AKRONYMS meeting.
these old lungs don't know how to stop
I thought you were a teenage defender of the faith? :(
I'D LIKE YOU TO BE BOBBY DAVRO
(but i'm not playing because I can only think of 2. I'm still waiting for the third.)
1. morning poo
2. afternoon poo
3. midnight poo
You some kinda freak? ;p
this is about you, dollface!
1. after dinner cig
2. sitting in a beer garden in the middle of summer, having a pint whilst fending off wasps cig
3. post bit of the old in/out cig
1. first kiss with my boyfriend (nyaaw)
2. finding out I'd got into Oxford (unexpected)
3. realising a close family member was not dead/about to die after all, when we'd thought she was (morbid, but still leaves me tingly with relief)
These mean nothing to you (oh vienna, in reverse) but mean the world to me.
first kisses are great but don't confuse your nostalgia of the moment with some kind of measure of a good experience. your first time of anything is special, but often, technically quite shit. having the drive and smarts to get into oxford is truly fantastic and you are clearly destined to be a winner, all you have to do is don't let that success go to your head. remember that growing intellectually, financially etc does not mean you are fun or genuinely forward-thinking. keep this in check every single day or it WILL slip away.
i have faith in you.
gonna teach my kids to do the same
Getting your kids to practice kissing on your hand is plain wrong.
so i'm going to babysit some friends kids and make them kiss my hand in front of my kids to ease them into it
2. Not being you
3. Not posting this thread
when the highlight of your life is NOT doing something, you know it's time for a change. the funny thing is, you can pretend this was an off the cuff remark at how much you despise me, but subconsciously it represents just how stagnant and sterile your life has become. stop defining your experiences and life-worth on things you dislike or wouldn't do, and start focusing all your energy into becoming a 6.7 human being in my eyes.
I knew you'd say that. God, my life is so sterile. What a to-do.
2. broken thread
3. fix thread
2.1st time i made luuuuuuurrrve
3.observing a rerun of The Creation after imbibing a load of cubensis mushrooms on a hill top in derbyshire.
thats a high score, no?
you missed a major opportunity. should've taken shrooms during the birth of your first daughter SEEN THAT SHIT IN 4D, HOLD A CONVERSATION WITH HER ABOUT KANT
1. Going to the maldives/Honeymoon - incredible place, food, weather and company.
2. Scotland 1 Germany 1 - One of the first Scotland games I attended. A minor highlight of the Berti regime.
3. Drinking till sunrise - Many summer evenings but one in particular where it was myself and my brother and his wife; chatting, playing cards and drinking till the sun rose.
I'm sure there are more important ones but these ones popped to mind the now under pressure.
your life is like a mid-career animal collective album or a moderately successful sofia coppola movie.
...you might be implying I've succumbed to some kind of middle class malaise but fuck it.
My life is officially (well according to some guy I've never met) slightly above average. Woohoo.
2. meeting the woman i love and feeling my understanding of the world subtly but radically change.
3. organising a club night with friends (my contribution was terrible though the night was excellent fun) then spending a night drinking whisky, sleeping rough and wandering across central london in the company of a very good friend.
2. The other day, when I walked 35-40 miles from Cockfosters to Wembley Stadium to Beckton to The Valley to Lee, taking pictures and developing severe joint-pains in the process
3. My 180 on YOU, CrispinAlexander, earlier today: http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4262653#r5474679
replace it with the moment I effected a run-out from midwicket with a first-time left-footed half-volley onto the non-striker's middle stump - never before or since have I absolutely fucking won it like that
but sadly i've never done anything that's really that awesome. or really even halfway good : )
but yeah man, that run-out - it's the fact I've never known anyone else do anything like it. I AM UNIQUE
am sure you've done SOMETHING. cast your mind back...
2) Bought a second hand vinyl LP which had accordions, ukuleles and several references to World War II in it
3) Stood outside a Jet gig scowling at people as they went in
2) Playing in a football match, watching my mate sizing up a 30 yard volley, the ball bouncing just in front of him and inadvertently hitting him in the face, making him fall over backwards.
3) Passing my driving test last December. It permitted me to drive all around Australia with only a month to go before I had to catch a flight.
2. Being asked to dress up as the robot for the shoot of the Beastie Boys' 'Intergalactic' video.
3. Doing a one-wipe.
1. Climbing everest with only the dead body of my sherpa for company
2. Assasinating Hitler
3. Seducing Marilyn Monroe and becoming President.
using the special machine I personally designed and built.