Islington Tennis Centre
The World Cup will be a distant memory by the time our next DiS match is on, but this will be the first available option to show if you're a Heskey or a Higuaín. Or provide a safer centre-back pairing than the Terry & Upson debacle. The only thing that can't be guaranteed is 30 pretty women in orange mini-dresses on the sidelines and free Bavaria beer after the game. FIFA rules init.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 22 Aug
Sunday 26 Sep
Sunday 31 Oct
Sunday 28 Nov