Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I'm thinking of mine.
The is a red mug full of water in front of me
my phone is in front of me
my plugsocket... still for some reason unknown to me is red
I don't understand who in their right mind drinks juice with bits
I've run out of bread
You have loads of bread
- I was once on an episode of neighbours
- I've cheated on a girl
- I have a birth mark on the back of my right leg
- I suffer from Tourettes
- I have flown a plane
I would never cheat on a girl.
I'm assuming. Not that I know
I think it's time to tell everyone what we did. It's been long enough.
that chris has defo flown a plane.
I've controlled the direction, altitude and manouvere of a plane.
1. Members of my family own the brewery Fullers London Pride
2. The fastest I have been in a car is 160mph in my cousins Lotus
3. One of the chuckle bros (the short one) bought me a drink once
4. At one point (for all I know this is still true) I was the only player in Gloucestershire schools history to be sent off for tackling my own team-mate
5. I can play chess at national level.
none of ya have got it.
and if you do, then where's my free beer?
all cos of something my great granddad did.
which at that time was not the done thing and it made a schism in the family.
I'm well good at chess.
1/ I have never been to Scotland
2/ I went as Dr Zoidberg for Halloween
3/ I saw Marcus Brigstocke driving a green Mini on Friday
4/ I just popped a pimple on my leg
5/ I used to play Old Man River in the middle of DJ sets
a pimple on the leg? How? Wut?
I have never been to Scotland
1. Brian Skelly of "The Coral" is my cousin.
2. I have never been in a fight.
3. I can hum and whistle at the same time.
4. The only time i played football for a team i scored, then left the next day never to play again.
5.I once played music with a eurovision entry for ireland.
I'm sure I would of heard something about it on the run up to eurovision
well you are wrong.
I can find 4 facts barely interesting about myself...
You live in Paris, and have a wife and children...
im a compulsive liar
- I own more than 3 shirts
- I ate 3 sausages yesterday
- I like cheese
- I once tunnelled to the centre of the earth
- I own 3 pairs of shoes
my uncle was little john on bbc robin hood
i'm going to my second world cup on friday
i've never seen the godfather
i've been on blue peter more than once
i play bassoon to grade 8 standard
I really hope your uncle was little john.
gordon kennedy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0448053/ is indeed my uncle. i did play bassoon at school but only got grade 1
i should really sort out number 3
ps. learn the basoon
I have met Shannyn Sossamon
I have babysat for Damien Hirst
Kris Akabusi taught me cross country
Paul Simonon taught me bass
Glen Cockerill taught me football
great skills gb!
I have run the London Marathon
I have been trapped in a van with a hand gun and a man who shot his best friend
I was in a police line-up to earn some extra cash
I was asked to model with John Barnes
You were actually asked to model John Barnes
Nope, unfortunately not. I was asked to model WITH him. I was meant to be hugging his leg or something. But I was a stubborn child and turned down all the things that would have been quite amusing now if I'd done them.
I did it in 2005. Of a fashion.
you are an imagination man
So I shall go with that
"I have a seven-inch penis" posts
1) I used to fence (as in sword fight, not garden maintenance), at an international level.
2) I appeared on Blue Peter and went to an aftershow party with the presenters.
3) I have won more than one important-sounding poetry prize.
4) I speak three languages, including Welsh.
5) I once helped a paedophile get chased out his community.
One of the least glamorous things I've done during my stint as a newspaper hack.
I once fenced foil at the junior Welsh open. I didn't do very well.
You fence paedophiles out of their villages, in Welsh whilst writing poetry and recieving awards for it? The perfect man?
Ok, I don't think you have any kind of Blue Peter connection then.
Number 2 then defo.
I was a judge on their book awards. Afterwards I met everyone, and even got an autograph from Richard Bacon who had recently left which says "I am ashamed".
Yeah, I'm completely backwards when it comes to languages, I've had lessons in Welsh, French, German and Italian and I can barely count to ten or say hello in any of them.
I would like to though.
But now I live in London I have no-one to speak Welsh too. I can get by in Welsh but I'm not not fluent anymore.
-My Parents were once in a signed folk group called Mancunian Way
-I enjoyed 500 Days of Summer
-I Like Star Trek, but dislike Star Wars
-I once played chess for England
-My favourite computer game of all time is Final Fantasy VII
1: I was once on an episode of Casualty
2: My favourite animal is the water vole
3: The only thing I have drunk today has been bitter shandy
4: I think they should bring back Fifteen To One
5: I have met both Attenboroughs
you are a man who loves an otter?
I don't especially like any of the water mammals. I do rather like pigs.
1. i was once an extra in the film "atonement".
2. i once met bobby charlton in a café at lightwater valley
3. i got to grade 6 in piano.
4. i'm allergic to rum.
5. i have never left the UK.
i lost mystique years ago
1) i'm grade 8 violin
2) i interviewed boris johnson last week at the top of City Hall
3) i'm in a band called Matron
4) my favourite director of all time is roman polanski
5) i suck my thumb still when tired.
"WE ARE THE UNJUST CORPSE. THE CORPSE THAT IS...UNJUST!"
1. Charlie from Casualty is my Dad.
2. I once put an entire madiera cake in my mouth
3. I once kicked a hedgehog down some steps
4. I have completed the Panini Fifa World Cup sticker album 2010
5. I've got an erection
i dunno your family seems to get more and more famous :(
I should have put my cousin in there. Although I am jealous of his success.
would you kick a hedgehog down some steps? You'd better have a good explanation Sonny Jim
so number 3.
Why does he constantly break eye contact and seem to be looking for all possible escape routes in every scene of casualty he has ever been in, ever?
and let her do some bloody work.
I just meant to make it look like I was doing it. It was okay I think. And I was 14 at the time. And I still feel guilty.
he did start it tho.
I retract my earlier comment. Explanation accepted
1. i have never broken a bone
2. i was hit by a car
3. a donkey once weed on my shoe
4. i've never lost a game of scrabble
5. i lost my socks in china
You're not the sock-losing type.
and if it isn't I challenge her to a game
actually is it too nerdy too have a DiS scrabble meet?
it was three-player and I bingo'd with my first two goes
AND STILL LOST ;_____;
(another dude subsequently bingo'd twice, and unlike mine, hit double and triple word scores with each...I even set him up for his first, playing a blasé 'like' down to the bottom row of the board, only to discover I'd just given him the keystone 'e' of 'biennial' on a TWS)
the board stunk of high-quality scrabble afterwards though. and one of my bingos was 'chancres'. there's always consolation.
but i usually win
When and where?
before the summer is out
sounds good. NO FUCKING PROPER NOUNS THOUGHT RIGHT?
is getting a faceful of Alpine Lager
at Primavera puts on a monthly 'Scrabble Sunday', which I'm going to try and get to.
Haven't got a link but search for it on facebook.
Here is a link to the Cardiff Scrabble Sunday group - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=18807835551&ref=ts
and here is a link to the London one - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=97676036923&ref=ts
Also, excitingly, we will be at Latitude, Green Man and End Of The Road festivals this summer, so start planning your meet-ups right now.
1. I still eat dairylea almost every day, despite being 24
2. I have shaken hands with Ric Flair
3. I once took part in a chess tournament organised by Johnny Borrell of Razorlight fame. He was very good at chess.
4. My boyfriend accidentally tipped a pint over Matthew Horne, ("gavin"), on Friday night.
5. I was on the same place to Primavera as the Pet Shop Boys - no one was allowed to look at the one that's not neil tennant, you had to avert your eyes.
or at least Facebook says so.
3 is my guess.
I can't believe someone has got this wrong. I'm very bad at lying.
1. A few weeks ago I helped a hedgehog cross the road and stopped some yoofs from doing something horrible to it by just looking at them as if I was in charge of all hedgehog business in the area
2. Not last Friday but the Friday before I took myself off on a day trip to Whitby, where I befriended a stray dog and took pictures of myself pretending to feed it my ice cream
3. Last Monday we did some batik in our Art seminar and my picture was a stave of music with all bluey greens and purples, and everyone marvelled at how neat and pretty it was and my head got really big
4. On Friday I impulse bought some furry bunny ears in Claire's Accessories and now I can't stop putting them on and just looking at myself in the mirror for ages
5. Tonight for my tea I am going to cook stuffed peppers, filled with cous cous, red onions, garlic, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes. I may even have a piece of chicken on the side but I haven't decided yet
tonight you're having macdonald's
i haunt that establishment frequently
so do I.
NO DINNER ONLY GUESSING FACTS
NO GUESSING FACTS FOR YOU
(you don't wear bunny ears though) :P
WHICH ONE IS WHICH CHOOSE NOW
You don't know if I wear bunny ears or not. The fact clearly claims I bought them on Friday and you have not seen me since then. You have no idea if I now wear bunny ears or not, or take pictures of dogs eating my ice cream in whitby, for that matter.
it's obviously 2 :D
sorry for being presumptuous
a stray dog would not sit still for long enough near an ice cream for anyone to be able to take pictures of it PRETENDING to eat ice cream. Those pictures would be of a dog snatching and demolishing that 99 in record speed. And no, that's a good point, I wouldn't taunt a dog like that. But I do wish I'd gone to Whitby and befirended a stray dog. Sadly this is something that is still as yet to happen. So well done you win. Just.
also you as Pied Piper of Whitby could be a smart career-move - I can well imagine you prancing about the streets, beguiled beasts and children stumbling wide-eyed behind, hoping for magical gifts (such as a way out of Whitby)
that's harsh, no offence Whitby
how do I make this happen
no offence Whitby
well, get a harlequin leotard as well. but then, guitar a-strumming you LURE impressionable striplings of the East Riding to somewhere that isn't the East Riding, maybe Nottinghamshire? Hmm
it's too big.
Maybe I could lure them to the Dales or something.
oh and by the way, sorry, you're wrong - I had McDonalds for my LUNCH today, as I was on a day shift, and am in fact cooking up the aforementioned storm for my dinner.
No way could you have a hedgehog anecdote too, it's too convenient.
that one is compleely true. It was your hedgehog 'anecdote' that made me think of it as the first fact I was going to use. It was on my way home from my friend's house and the hedgehog seemed a bit lost and stressed out and nearly got run over. It's ok though, I herded it out of the middle of the road. And then stopped the yoofs with my menacing hedgehog honcho stare. Sorry!
i bet they were red and yellow and orange
that one's true as well. I like blues and greens and purples me. Reds and yellows and oranges would also have looked good though, very sunny. I guess I was in quite a mellow mood that day.
I've never met either of the chuckle bros.
1. I have come third in a drag pageant
2. I have won a national writing competition
3. I have survived TB
4. I have called the Grand National winner 4 times despite knowing next to nothing about horse-racing
5. Today I got into a stranger's car in the middle of nowhere and we talked
Just realised "I got full-marks in Latin A-Level" would have been a far better option
I survived appendicitis though. HUMAN COCKROACH
1. all of these are lies, except this one, which is the truth
2. bryan ferry came to my house for dinner once
3. my dad is related to eugene kelly
4. i have never broken a bone
5. i haven't had a hangover in 2010
1. My stepdad helped to put a man on the moon.
2. I was chucked out of class for farting by former England rugby coach, Brian Ashton
3. Brian Jones, when he died, owed by dad £10.
4. I once phoned up and threatened Alex James from Blur.
5. Had an argument with Jade Jagger over the noise at a party.
2. I've won every game of trivial pursuit I've ever played
3. I once ate six Mars bars in half an hour
4. I was on Crackerjack at the age of ten
5. I flew to Amsterdam just to start a riot
2. I was born to a woman who was born in Slovenia.
3. I was fathered by a man who was born in Minnesota.
4. I am related to Shaquille O'Neal.
5. I have an ex who is a student of rocket science.
I've messed this up. See, I'm terrible liar.
I can believe your surname is slovenian.
Anyway, it's not my mom's last name! #4 is true. Related by marriage--that family's huge and I don't think even my uncle, a blood relative, has met the guy.
1/ I am currently wearing a Linkin Park tee
2/ I fucking hate onions
3/ My uncle writes travel books
4/ I've never been to Asia
5/ I'm Only Sleeping is my favourite Beatles track
forgot my image here was me with my hand in a Pikachu's arse, in the Pokemon Centre, in Tokyo
2) My bed has red sheets
3) I once played an accordian in tandem with a Unicorn
4) I once saw Laura Marling dressed as Father Christmas
5) I've never eaten Haribo
1. i have had sexual relations in a cupboard at work
2. i have had sexual relations on the bank of the canal in camden
3. i have had sexual relations in a car outside a police station
4. i have had sexual relations behind a skip
5. i have had sexual relations in a Boots car park
i dont think you'd stoop THAT low.
i dunno i'm going with my gut on this one
I'm gonna go with 4
it would then become a lie and thenafdgifgdgdfgdf head asplode
I love cheese more than any other food in the world
I was once on Jim'll fix it and he fixed it for me to play fotball with Celtic
I've been in rehab for more than one addiction problem
I played bassoon with RSNO
I have tiny *tiny* hands and feet.
If you've got tiny hands it's got to make wielding a bassoon a bit tricky. Let's say it's 5 - I reckon you've got big man hands.
tiny hands but a large span.
(that sounds SO rude. I've tried rephrasing it and it only sounds worse. Sorry).
because that would be amazing
I wrote in repeatedly to request this though
Oh well...mibby one day...
I also entered a competition to be a mascot at larsson's testimonial, which would have been awesome too, but the competition got pulled because they decided to let his little boy be the mascot at the last minute. He was amazing at keepy uppy and got several shots past old jonathan gould. Ahhhh, one day.
1. I still have a childhood teddy named 'Ham'.
2. I hated Inglorious Basterds.
3. I used to have black hair.
4. I have never been really drunk, only pissed.
5. I *think* I have a greater love for chocolates than I do for cats.
CRAP! Ignore my post. I'm leaving.
(it's ok, you can rescue this. Just don't forget *wink* how much you LOVED Inglorious Basterds...)
Hmm....yeah....it was...BRILLIANT! (naaaaaat)
But I still feel very silly!
I'm current first choice field goal kicker for Seattle Seahawks
My liver smells of mint
Cats are allergic to me
I drive 17 miles to work every morning in a bumper car
My wings are like a shield of steel
1. i onced played keboards a few times (just rehearsal, like) in the early days of essex's finest, 'these new puritans'.
2. matt haynes, founder of indie-pop beamouth Sarah records, once read some of my teenage poetry and said it was pretty crap.
3. kick-ass is one of the worst films i've seen this year
4. i am very prone to anxiety attacks if i have to sit still and quiet in one place for a long time surrounded by lot of people and with no direct escape route available (the cinema, planes etc etc)
5. my first kiss was with someone called mary who had a very hairy back. to everyone, she was known as hairy mary.
four truths, one lie people...off you go.
I am exactly the same! I need an aisle seat otherwise I will panic...big style!
i think it all boils down to being so paranoid about peoples opinions of me...i can be the same where i have to be in a new environment and meeting people for the first time....job situations, for example, or speaking in lectures...
pretty sure it's all cause i got called fat once when i was younger.
Is that what it is for you? I think mine is kind of simular. When I get into those situations my mind goes crazy and normally the thoughts are something to do with vomiting whilst trapped and other things. So I guess it is just a fear of making a fool of myself infront of lots of people.
I did find an anxiety workbook online which I went through and it helped. It got so bad where I couldn't get on a train. I got all the way down to the platform and then freaked! I can get on a train now but I have to be alone otherwise I go a bit mad.
woop rambling about my mental-ness there, sorry.
shallow breathing, fast pulse, tingly hands.
for me anyway.
Sweats, overheating, sickness, the urge to go to the toilet, trouble breathing. Lots of unpleasant things.
feel pretty silly after, but at the time i'm convinced the end is near...
it's wiered, i'm completely fine with people if it's just a one on one situation, but as soon as i'm amongst a group of strangers, it's like i can't account for all of their opinions of me or something and it makes me edgy.
like, i dread the thought of an job interview with more than one person interviewing me.
i dunno....it's not an exact science, sometimes i'll be completely fine and it doesn't happen as much as it used to
but the last two times i thought my head would fall of and my chest explode was asking a question in a lecture right at the front of the class, and when i was right in the middle of a really packed independant cinema with tiny seats...
weirdly enough...if i had told a joke or something in that lecture before i'd asked my question, and most of the class laughed, i wouldn't have an ounce of anxiety...
laughter is the key with new people/strangers...if i can make someone laugh then i'm completely fine, it's like they accept me as a human being or summit.
i dunno....i'm really needy or something
You seem to be bad at talking infront of a big group of people.
I get simular feelings, especially in packed cinemas or theatres. I used to be fine but then I went to see Pricilla: Queen of the Deserts (Awful btw) and I was stick in the middle of the row. I got all hot and sweaty and my heart was beating insane amounts!
Isn't it strange the way everyone has different anxieties and it feels like no one could understand whats going on in your mind. But then when you actually think about it, millions of people have the same feelings every day!
I always feel like an idiot after but at the time it just awful. Its amazing when something just takes the anxieties away instantly, like laughing with you! Have you tried rescue rememedy? I keep it on me at all times and have a spare spray in my car (I also have traffic anxieties!). You should definatley try it before big things like job interviews or lectures etc.
I'm sure you're not really needy, you've just got to ask yourself "Whats the worst that can happen?"
As you live in Essex.
I don't believe that Mary was in face hairy, so I shall go with the last one.
i thought i'd fool you all with the first.
but my friend tom got off with her.
2. Worked part time for 2 years as a carpet cutter.
3. Went to the same university and was on the same course as the guitarist from popular indie act, The Dawn Parade.
4. Climbed Table Mountain.
5. Been to Alton Towers every year for the last 10 years.
2. Not really I can.
1/ I am currently wearing a towel
2/ At Glastonbury '04 when I was 12 I went for a late afternoon nap in my tent and ended up accidentally sleeping through Paul McCartney's set
3/ I have The Mighty Mighty Bosstones stuck in my head
4/ When I was 14 I attended eight screenings of the Friday Night Project consecutively despite it being 18+
5/ I bit a kid on my first ever day at school
but that didn't speak or have a name
2. I can play penny whistle really well, and i have a collection of about 20 whistles in various keys
3. When i was about 12 i was teaching one of my parents friends how to canoe when it got really windy and we had to be rescued from the middle of the loch
4. Instead of a doll, i used to have a plastic bat called Betty
5. Once i bit into a bread roll and there was a dead spider inside it
had a bat pouch and a toy syringe to feed it with too
but that there was AN imaginary something or other
and kind of creepy, now i think about it
I HOPE IT WAS A GREY SQUIRREL OR IT SLOWLY BECAME ONE
5 is the least stereotypically Scottish but I'm gonna go with 2 because penny-whistles don't have THAT much appeal, surely
you are correct, i don't have a musical bone in my body. One of my friends has a collection of at least 40 harmonicas though, that's dedication.
And my squirrel was a red squirrel, sorry to inform you :)
they will slowly SUCCUMB to GREY DOMINION
revel in the WEAKNESS of your DREAMS, and HAILS to our NEW BUSHY MASTERS
2. I wear long johns under my jeans. Even in the summer.
3. I usually pretend I'm performing to hidden cameras when I'm alone in the house.
4. I recently put a Bambi quilt over the shelving unit in my brothers room because it seemed like it was ominous (I had been reading ''DMT: The Spirit Molecule'')
5. I work with Hasids at a jewelery shop.
live as if someone is watching you.
Not only is it self absorbed, but it means you can never be truly comfortable standing in your pants.
You do have the predilection, but you actually kissed a Jewish Russian girl only the other day
1. As a child, I once had to wear my underpants for a swimming gala competition after forgetting my trunks, and had to be convinced nobody would notice. Everybody noticed.
2. I have a cat called Banjo Barnes.
3. I once stayed in a bathtub of water, repeatedly topping it up with hot water, and only leaving for the type of toilet break that would need me to be out of water, for 13 hours straight.
4. A professional Mark Hughes look-a-like used to clean my windows when the demand for Mark Hughes look-a-likes died down a bit.
5. One of the last times I went 10-pin bowling, I managed to get a strike in the lane next to the one we were using, whilst stood in our lane. This would imply I'm some kind of bowling champ, but I was also beaten by my 7-year old sister in the same game.
1. My dad had some hand in helping Fred The Weatherman record a pop song.
2. I have stinkpalmed Prince Charles.
3. Nick Clegg got on the train I took to London this weekend at Doncaster and sat in standard class.
4. My friend once chased Chris Tarrant down Melbourne harbour.
5. Erlend Oye has high-fived me on numerous occasions.
they're actually all true, i forgot to put a lie in :(
2. There's 33 minutes to hometime
3. I'm still bored
4. I injured the Sutton United Goalkeeper when I was mascott as a kid
5. I'm not bored anymore