Islington Tennis Centre
Booking a football pitch is like taking a bus in a foreign city, you never know where you end up. Whittington Park was fully booked, so it is back to Market Road again, which will please the Caledonian Road contingent and dissapoint everyone who enjoyed the quality surface and pesky kids at the last game.
And if you're worried about missing a televised World Cup game, it is Italy v New Zealand while we play, i.e. surely not one of the more exciting fixtures of the tournament.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 18 Jul
Sunday 22 Aug
Sunday 26 Sep
Sunday 30 Oct