Whittington Park Football Pitch
Unfortunately I have been unable to secure our usual Market Road pitch. The whole weekend was already booked out. Something to do with end-of-season Sunday league matches, I think. Instead we will relocate to the lively Upper Holloway area and the small but cute Whittington Park. I had a look at the pitch the other day and it is the same type of surface, but newer and in better nick than the ones at Market Road. We should have less of a problem with interfering feral youths, as the pitch is surrounded by proper fences. Plus there is a quiet Irish pub on one corner of the park, so no more long walks with tired legs for post-match refreshments. And if we don't fancy this pub, there are many other choices along the Holloway Road, including the illustrious Big Red.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in The Floirin pub next to the park
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 20 Jun
Sunday 18 Jul
Sunday 22 Aug
Sunday 26 Sep