- no income on first £10,000 wages. Great idea if they knew how to replace £16.8 billion lost revenue to the economy.
- the euro on brink of collapse, yet still committed to us ditching the pound.
- regional immigration quota system, possibly the most unworkable system. And specifically applies to non-EU citizens only.
- no prison sentences under 6 months. Laughable.
- limit tax relief on pensions, scrap tuition fees, extra money for disadvantaged pupils. All very attractive without any clarification how a debt-ridden country will afford such policies.
The TV debates have accentuated the era of style over substance, and that one 'performance' can smooth over policies of pure fantasy.