Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
so i just got an ipod touch.
recommened me some lovely apps or games you think i should have...
3D Mini Golf
These are also fun:
This is completely stupid but awesome:
replaced DiS visits during my daily commute for more than three months.
They always come back.
but the conditions are a'right.
- Word Ace. Scrabble x Texas hold'em = tremendous fun. Has wifi so you can play against real people.(free)
- Secret of Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky. Great if you like that sort of thing - both work well in the format, and are even 'talkies'. (£4-5 each?)
- Opera Mini just came out - looks quite nice so far, although it's a little rough around the edges. It doesn't stretch a page in landscape mode, you can't get bookmarks from your Safari (I don't think), you can only zoom in all the way or not at all. But it's much faster and has more gizmos than Safari for sure. I think it even saves pages for offline...(free)
- Facebook, obvs. (free)
- GeoDefense is a nice tower defense game - very addictive, nice graphics. (79p or so)
- The Onion. Better than reading their site on the iPod. (free)
- Urbanspoon, Square Meal, AroundMe. Restaurant/other stuff finders - need wifi to work, though. (all free)
- Logitech Touch Mouse. Once you download the Server program to a Mac or PC, you can use the iPod as a remote touchpad for it! Nice if you use a desktop for watching films etc. (free)
- Photoshop Mobile. There are loads of image cropping apps, but this has the biggest name. Nice for chopping up pics to use as your wallpaper or whatever. (free)
Speaking of which, if you hold the Sleep button and press Home, it'll make a camera click sound (and flash), and take a screengrab which will go in Photos. This works in any app, as far as I know (so you can take shots of games and use them as wallpaper; mine's from Monkey Island <3).
This is part of the essential 'ghetto GPS': you can't use Maps without wifi, which is no good when you're out and about. So before you leave home, screengrab the Map of where you're going and use that. It'll look just like Maps is running and people will think you have an iPhone!
That's about it. Have fun!
It's fucking BRILLIANT.