Islington Tennis Centre
No more mud. No more long grass. No more sliding tackles. No more uncertaintity on a Sunday morning. We are back on the smooth astro-turf of Market Road and the game will go ahead, rain or sunshine. Note that kick-off will be slightly later than our games at Regent's Park, but still early enough for a few post-match pints.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 2:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 3 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 6 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 23 May
Sunday 20 Jun
Sunday 18 Jul
Sunday 22 Aug