We played some a 5-a-side game last time, after Regent's Park resembled a lake on Sunday morning, courtesy of the worst winter in living memory. But it is spring now, and the weather gods have promised perfect conditions for our final game on the real stuff, before the groundsmen start preparing for their cricket & softball season, and we return to the ever so reliable astro-turf of Market Road.
- we play on a full-sized grass pitch
- there are facilities in a little building called The Hub (in the middle of Regent's Park), with lockers and showers (£1.50 charge)
- the football pitches are centered around The Hub
- the exact pitch will not be announced until Sunday morning 9 AM
- nearest tube station is Baker Street (15 min walk) with Camden tube station at a similar distance
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- four pounds will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Spread Eagle pub in Camden (corner of Albert St and Parkway)
Put your name down by replying below, if you fancy it.
Sunday 25 Apr
Sunday 23 May
Sunday 20 Jun
Sunday 18 Jul