Despite persistent attempts by the Regent's Park ground staff to discourage us, we finally managed to have a proper outdoor 11-a-side game on grass last month, after 3 months of astro-turf, warm pubs and and even warmer indoor facilities. Turnout was excellent for our most recent game, with only one casualty (hiccups!), so let's continue this trend and have two full squads with subs for our next game.
- we play on a full-sized grass pitch
- there are facilities in a little building called The Hub (in the middle of Regent's Park), with lockers and showers (£1.50 charge)
- the football pitches are centered around The Hub
- the exact pitch will not be announced until Sunday morning 9 AM
- nearest tube station is Baker Street (15 min walk) with Camden tube station at a similar distance
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- four pounds will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Spread Eagle pub in Camden (corner of Albert St and Parkway)
Put your name down by replying below, if you fancy it.
Sunday 28 Mar
Sunday 18 Apr or 25 Apr
Sunday 23 May
Sunday 20 Jun