Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
and it won't be looked at by british gas until wednesday at the earliest. what the hell do i do to keep warm? ideas plz.
Oh yeah, I have so much heating on at my place baby, that you don't even need any clothes.
They're £12 and lovely.
Best investment I've made this winter.
basically, do anything you can to stay out of the house. if you work, see if you can get some paid overtime. if not, find a quiet spot in a library and stay there as long as possible. sleep in a jumper (or two).
i work in a library. don't wanna spend any more time here than possible.
Have a swim, trip to the gym, snack in the cafe. This has the added bonus of warm showers too.
so that's okay. just the heating which is a problem. and our house is cold even with the heating on. LOVELY.
well at least you work. if you can get away this weekend i would recommend this. don't envy you, though
i've got a spongebob duvet cover at the moment. YAY.
is you can pretend to be a ghost for the weekend.
best xmas present ever.
What more could you want?
- carrying a hot water bottle with you at all times. Try and wedge it between layers of clothing so it almost becomes a part of you.
- as implied above, wear several layers of clothes.
- spend as much time as possible out of the house - pubs, restaurants, libraries, THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL THE PLACES YOU CAN GO IN THE EVENING.
- Cook stuff and stand hunched over the oven, in a lousy attempt to absorb some of the heat.
- Drink tea.
- Remain stoic.
no hot water or heating for 3 days now. no indication of when we'll get a new boiler either (old one sprang a leak and the plumber said better to get a new one than fix it).
So far i've been:
- staying late at work
- showering at a friends house
- multiple hot water bottles
- indoor scarf
any other suggestions are more than welcome though!
Take it back once your boiler's repaired (assuming that's within 16 days)
which means no heating at times- go and hide round someone else's house or go to the pub lots!