Third time lucky? After being defeated by inclement weather twice, we will try again to play proper 11-a-side football on a proper 11-a-side pitch, regardless how much fun our improvised 6-a-side exploits have been.
Turnout has been fantastic for our last outing, and I secretly hope that we can repeat this for this game, even if it the day after the night before (www.drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4192223). Nothing better than getting over your hangover than a brisk stroll in the park on a bright winter afternoon!
- we play on a full-sized grass pitch
- there are facilities in a little building called The Hub (in the middle of Regent's Park), with lockers and showers (£1.50 charge)
- the football pitches are centered around The Hub
- the exact pitch will not be announced until Sunday morning 9 AM
- nearest tube station is Baker Street (15 min walk) with Camden tube station at a similar distance
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- four pounds will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Spread Eagle pub in Camden (corner of Albert St and Parkway)
Put your name down by replying below. All newcomers welcome.
Sunday 28 Feb
Sunday 28 Mar
Sunday 18 Apr or 25 Apr
Sunday 23 May
Sunday 20 Jun