how long would you say is reasonable to wait for an e-mail response to a gig offer before assuming it's a no and sending the offer to someone else? said gig is in a little under a fortnight.
usually it does seem that if there's no response within a couple of days then that's it, and you never get one (which is really annoying since, you know, common courtesy - it's not like you're lou reed, why are you acting like you're lou reed?), but things have been made a lot harder by the impossible amount of spam on myspace these days. i guess for some it's too much to wade through to get to anything that might actually be relevant when they can get that elsewhere. i think myspace as any sort of useful tool in this way is finished.
still, for those who have read the offer, i figure whoever reads it could either say no straight away, or be authorised to say yes straight away, or could consider it and need to ask the opinions of the rest of the band, then get back to you yes or no, so 3 days maybe?