i watched A Serious Man on friday. i thought it was really good. i didnt understand a lot of it tho, so please help with below questions:
1. what was the bit at the beggining all about? was that old man supposed to be a devil/ghost?
2. why did it end where it ended?
3. what is a "goy" (have i remembered that right)? i'm guessing its a non-jew.
4. was the the tornado supposed to represent anything?
5. have the cohen brothers explained any of the film anywhere else?
6. was the whole film supposed to be loads of non-answered questions anyway and that was the whole point?
thanks for your time.