- the transition of lolcat grammar into everyday speech
- web 2.0 ruining peoples ability to communicate with one another like adults (in my job i get to see the facebook/youtube comment effect coming through into real life)
- the use of the words genius and random
- that because something is on the internet people seem to think it has some credibility
- and following from that, internet arguments creating a level playing field where people who know what they're talking about can get shouted down by morons.
most of these aren't specific to the internet or this year