We did it! We completed one year of DiS Football. Almost exactly one year ago 26 or so skinny (and some not skinny) indie boys turned up on a wet Sunday to have a formal kick-about. Despite conscious efforts from the park staff to spoil that day, an epic battle took place, and it was so painful that it had to be repeated on a monthly basis. Since then we have conquered hailstorms, tropical storms, blazing sunshine and sideway gails. And we still think it's fun. Roll on year two.
- we play on a full-sized grass pitch
- there are facilities in a little building called The Hub (in the middle of Regent's Park), with lockers and showers (£1.50 charge)
- the football pitches are centered around The Hub
- the exact pitch will not be announced until Sunday morning 9 AM
- nearest tube station is Baker Street (15 min walk) with Camden tube station at a similar distance
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- three pounds will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Spread Eagle pub in Camden (corner of Albert St and Parkway)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Tuesday 17 Dec: end-of-season awards ceremony & celebration (venue t.b.c.)
Sunday 10 Jan
Sunday 31 Jan (post-Zonino special)
Sunday 28 Feb
Sunday 28 Mar
All these games in Regent's Park, and we'll be back to the astro turf of Market Road from April onwards.