is really shit. I remember back in college, the week wasn't complete without a good smoke up and a Family Guy marathon.
Some observations I made while the show progressed:
- Is Seth McFarlene scared he'll cease to exist if he doesn't voice every single fucking character for the entire 20 minutes the show is on?
- Seriously, is he?
- He's convinced he's a comedic genius, isn't he? :(
- The Flintstones parody: Yeah, it was pretty comical how they put the word 'rock' in front of everything. Okay, I get it. No, seriously, I get it. Oh, God, this skit isn't going to end, is it?
- Hahaha, Stewie is gay. But he's only a baby! WHAAAA???
- They've apparently given up pretending anyone besides Stewie and Bryan are interesting.
- The first five minutes are funny. The rest is like an animated funeral dirge. So we're in fairly familiar territory, then.
- The Robot Chicken skit: Seriously, you can't have a go at Robot Chicken for fetishizing the worst elements of 80's pop culture when you practically fucking invented this genre, McFarlene.
- Why Seth Green didn't fight to get a line in slamming Family Guy is beyond me.
- Is it just me or is there a real undercurrent of nastiness to this thing nowadays?
- Alright, this Disney skit is pretty funny.
- It's not that funny two minutes later.
- Oh, God, why won't this fucking song end?
- Hahaha! Disney are anti-Semitic!
- The writers always come across as sixth form students who've just discovered the threat big business poses, assume that reading two chapters of a Michael Moore book makes them experts on world politics, and now won't shut the fuck up down the pub that afternoon.
- ^I was guilty of doing that in college.
- Hahaha! Stewie is gay but he's a baby! WHAAA???
- There is literally no plot. In fact, The Simpsons did this exact same thing in a Halloween Special. Fifteen years ago. And it lasted for five minutes. And it was far funnier. Just something to think about.
- Hahaha! Stewie is gay but he's...oh. That's right. It was funny for ten seconds back in 2005.
In conclusion: 4/10