Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
i like the boss battles a lot. The bits with scarecrow are really well done. Its quite a big game aswell, ive been playing it a lot and im only 49% done.
scarecrow bit now! but yea im loving it too :)
£30 at my local indie game shop. But I saw Mirror's Edge and Far Cry 2 for 15 quid a piece, so I bought them.
I wish I hadn't of bought Mirror's Edge, tbh. Far Cry's pretty fun though.
far cry is a steaming turd that i gave up on because it was so infuriating where as Mirrors Edge is pretty decent but with a few minor flaws, but yeah, you should have just got Batman.
is the fact that I'm never quite sure what the fuck is going on. It's incredibly difficult to navigate around the map, because everything looks exactly the same as everything else. Everyone is an enemy, too, so it's hardly varied in it's gameplay. Still, I do dig setting fire to the scrubland and taking peeps out with the sniper rifle.
Its got it all down to a T. It is just the thing to tide me over until the new COD comes and takes my social life away.
but i'm too much of a cheapskate to buy it at full price. I've got a feeling this is going to be one of those games (like L4D) that sticks around the RRP for a long while
may as well just hold on for the sequel now :(
because I brought a few wii games that I got in a misguided fit of luncay a year back and have never really played for part exchange.
It reminds me a bit of bioshock in the sense that it creates it's own world perfectly. All the decor and the lighting and the voices in the background contribute perfectly to the immersion in this bizarre universe. Great stuff!
It is fricking awesome. Fully intend to buy it at some point when I'm not feeling stingy
I might buy it if you can prove me wrong about the following, cos the demo was too short to judge it properly:
1. The fighting - it's just hitting the same button over and over again. It wasn't very fulfilling. Does it get better as the game goes on.
2. There seemed to be too many cutscenes. It was annoying.
3. Is there more variety in the number of items you can grapple and swing from? Or is it just gargoyles in every room, followed by more gargoyles? i.e. is it a properly interactive environment where you can hang from anything.
But I loved how it flowed when taking on multiple foes
and it goes all slow motion like, but I never felt in much control of that
1. it gets harder. Enemies with weapons and more of them at once so you need to learn to counter and jump, use wepons etc or you die pretty quickly. It was my main problem with the demo like you say because it was a bit unfulfilling but i actually enjoy the fighting a lot more now i have the game.
2. Not really that many i would say, the ones there are are really short and add to the game rather than detract imo.
3. There are a lot of Gargoyles. Because you keep getting new weapons you can add variety to how you take down the enemies but most rooms will have gargoyles if you want to use them. You can hang from other stuff like vents, ledges and blow up certain walls etc. Theres bits in the game where you cant use gargoyles which are kinda fun but a lot harder.
I'm such a tight arse though, I'll probably wait until i can find this for £15 second hand.
1. a few more combination of buttons, and you can use equipment and throws e.t.c. Its not streetfighter esque mind.
2. The cut scenes are pretty good, but they are not very long or too many of them,
3. 20% in, you can swing on windowsills, air vents e.t.c.
seeing as it's probably going to be the best part of a year before LoveFilm will send it to me...
it convinced me to buy the boxsets for Batman The Animated Series. I didn't realise how much I missed Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill's voices.
The boss battles suck though. Proper Crash Bandicoot shit.
best game i've played in a long, long time
the rest was good though, but what a shit end battle! I wish the creativity for the scarecrow segments were carried over to make a super darranged and epic end battle
*handed over game card* oh you have £35 on there, do you want to use this now? Best £5 I have EVER spent
the problem is the first half of the game is amazing, the first boss fights, first scarecrow encounter, but then they dont introduce anything new in the second part, needed a bit more variety to put it up there with the best.
Still a lot of fun though.
the whole corridor scene was a stroke of genius
games i have played in quite some time. Very well polished and well put together.