Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
time to start looking for a new job, right?
That's what I did. I also started taking ultra long lunches and being surly to rich and important people. It was a lot of fun.
i'm planning on calling someone in upper management a cunt at some point today
I'm so miserable here at the moment. Let's go into business together and only do the things we like doing.
I believe he's a copywriter. You're in debt management. The path is clear: Bespoke Jags for Indie bands.
We're gonna be RICH!
I'd say it was also time for:
-extended tea breaks
-definitely longer lunch breaks
-more walking around with a bit of paper as if you know what you're doing
-set up a game of space hulk on your desk
About 30% of the workforce has to go. If VRs aren't offered then it's CRs.
This doesn't affect me cause I'm in the safe group but still...time to look for a new job?
to get a new chest of drawers. I've even coerced a colleague into coming with me so i won't get the sole blame if we get caught.
- use the empty office next door in which to hide at lunchtime so I can read my book
- bring Nintendo DS / print out the last couple of days' worth of Guardian Fivers for poop-break fun
- I'm on the phone right now in a 'teleconference' but I muted it 25 minutes ago and have just been fannying about on the internet while disembodied voices soothingly talk about facilitating the software provisioning tools in my ear :)
- Convince everyone else that they hate the job too, so that you end up having extended moaning coffee breaks
- Organise lunchtime football that takes 2 hours out of the day
and hope they take the hint