Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
shower gel, shaving gel, roll-on anti-perspirants that sort of thing
does it make any difference if my bag is in the hold or not
Wherever possible you should pack liquids in your hold baggage, as there are restrictions on the amount you can take in your hand baggage.
* all drinks, including water, soup and syrups
* cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lipsticks
* sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
* pastes, including toothpaste
* gels, including hair and shower gel
* contact lens solution
* any other solutions and items of similar consistency
If you need certain liquids during the flight, you can take them into the cabin in limited quantities as follows:
* containers must hold no more than 100ml
* containers must be carried in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
* contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
* the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
* each passenger can carry only one of these bags
* the bag must be presented for examination at the airport security point
Containers larger than 100ml (excluding essential medicines) will not be allowed through the security point even if they are only part full.
Just if you want to take it in hand luggage do these rules apply.
If i ever need to take anything I always just buy it when I get through security in Boots or whatever.