Islington Tennis Centre
After a delayed kick-off, relentless cornerkicks and bamos rediscovering his scoring form in our most recent match, plus (temporary?) retirement from DiS football for Verbal, Austrian Mike and brusma, here comes your next opportunity to kick some balls.
And further below the match schedule announcement for dates later in the year.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are basic changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone (even homophobes) can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- the teams will be completely mixed up again, compared to previous games
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- a fiver will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
There will be further games on the following dates:
Sunday 27 September
Sunday 25 October
Sunday 22 November
Note that these matches will take place in Regent's Park, to be played on grass, and they will kick off at the earlier time of 2 PM.