A nice idea on paper but:
- Gordon Brown/the Queen should have stepped in and demanded that the BBC were given the rights to show this. Given that it was a supposed re-run of the '90 semi final showing it on the beeb would have been far more close to the truth seeing as no-one watches football on ITV when there's an alternative.
- Please stop wheeling Gazza out for matches like this - he looked like he was gonna break down every time he touched the ball.
- Never give ITV viewers a say in deciding 'celebrity' subs for a game like this. No, Paddy McGuinness isn't one of the UK's top stand-ups.
- Further to the previous point, never interview such celebs in the hope of obtaining sincere opinions with regards the basis of the match (see Simon Webbe declaring it an honour to be involved in a match for the great Bobby Charlton).
- Finally nessum d'orma(??)'s connotations (italia '90, and it's airing at a mate's funeral) make it the saddest song ever.
All the best to Sir Bobby though - he looks fucking ill now.