here's the roll call of it's amazing qualities
1. a whole stack of vinyl constantly rotated on the turntable soundsystem.
2. jazz....fucking jazz on vinyl, all afternoon.
3. a big shelf of books....i read a few of hans christian andersons stories...very good, especially one about an inkwell and a quill
4. all original features....beautiful windows, floor..etc
5. nice chatty/friendly staff.
6. upstairs bit for gigs and functions. they have a film night this sunday where they will show whatever happened to baby jane
7. interesting talk from the other clientele
8. two pianos...a double bass in the corner
9. big lovely fire for winter
10. two big chesterfields
11. a massive portrait of syd barret above the door
12. nice food
i could go on...it's everything a pub should be...perfect for quiet pints in the afternoon and busy nights out......just something absolutely spot on about all of it.
and...it's only in the essex badlands. praise the lord, i'm saved.