Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
What do you play? Does ANYONE play Counter-Strike any more?
I haven't played computer games really for about 3 or 4 years now. :(
Did Team Fortress 2 become more popular? Counter-Strike was cool back in the day, though.
wut? TF2 is huge!
I thought as much.
I tried to play Worms 2 the other day, but I see Microsoft implemented a new feature into Vista whereby if a game is more than a few years older than the PC, it just doesn't wanna know.
So I guess the answer is: I would play Worms 2, but I can't.
I also have Call of Duty 4, which is megafun.
i have only ever played a few games on the pc, none since a land before time game and REDLINE RACER when we first got windows 95. and a badly translated early pokemon game that came on a FLOPPY DISK.
2) every time i've ever tried to install / download a game it makes my laptop ridiculously slow. HOWEVER, i now have an external harddrive. Can I just save it to that? will it always need to be connected and stuff for me to play it? thats a really thick question, innit?
3) what do you recommend? shooters and ONLINE games seem really silly and not up my street whatsoever. However, i do want something really geeky / time-consuming i can stay up late every summer night player. Something like one of those armies games or a football management game would be good.
1) PC Games don't use laptops. I mean, they *CAN* but if they do they play games about 5 years out of date or ones that don't use 3D shizzle or require any kind of realtime stuff.
2) Sounds like your laptop is BLOATED.
- Don't install a game to a removable drive as it won't be able to load off the drive quick enough
- When gaming disable as many processes running as possible, including (maybe) the anti-virus. Your gaming environment should be only about the full power of your computer.
- Make sure you have plenty of free hard drive on your windows partition of your hard drive, at least 5-7GB.
You've played the original Half-Life, right? If not then you should. It's 12 years old now so it should run okay on your laptop.
on my pc it chokes at low detail 800x600!
And your PC, well, has it got latest kit? People don't play PC games on laptops much because they can buy £400 graphics cards for their desktops. I wasn't implying a desktop automatically can kick shit! :D
nvdia 8600, 2gig ram, 1.86 dual core..
not amazing but shoudln't be choking like it does...
anyway..it't dead now :(
only for this game!!!
hehe...then i downloaded a fake copy of winrar and bam...died..
NOW KIDS..WAREZ KILL!
you answered hiya teehee.
so i definitely cant play the latest football manager or AGE OF EMPIRES (is that what its called?) on this? i probably should have just asked that question.
You just get 'replays' on Football manager I thought and Age of Empires is mainly a strategy game.
I'm talking more about 3D first person shooters where you need massive FRAME RATE
the rest are indie games I review and retro games.
I have an old vaio I run emulators on
the nlost the box with the serial
Tried to run TF2, but it was so slow and laggy, possibly due to my shit graphics card (got plenty of RAM). Tried to play Unreal Tournament with TheSoundofBastards a while ago, but we couldn't connect to each others games properly.
Actually, if anyone's got Alien Vs Predator 2 wouldn't mind having a spin on that, the mulitplayer is ace.
I also got Dawn of War, because I bone RTS games.
age of empires and monkey island are the only games i have plyed recently on the pc
made a arse of that comment
Medieval 2 total war + stainless steel 6.2 mod.
This will never be removed from my PC.
so no one plays cs 1.6 here. appalling.
found someone on a server the other day who liked part chimp and the melvins. was a nice respite to the technoheads.
haven't since 2004...sad.
but after battlefield I need my small squad action!