Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
by sending them an email/message on myspace. How long do you give them to respond before rescinding the offer?
Are they on tour at the moment? How soon is it until your gig? Have you got someone else lined up to take their place? Would their participation affect the venue that you choose? Are they so brilliant that you would do anything for them to play?
We're not on tour and we're probably not that brilliant.
Checked myspace today to find a message sent two days ago asking if we wanted to support Kap Bambino this coming sunday. Messaged him back straight away saying we could do it but he's yet to respond. Was thinking maybe he's asked another band already. Would YOU?
Two days is fine. Infact, it's super-speedy.
It's just that the gig isn't far off. You better be right. Because if you're not...
I mean if a gig's way off then I'd allow a week or so but if they were asking you about this coming Sunday then I'd imagine he was in a rush, and he may well have moved onto another target.
He should have set you a time limit really given the short notice. But in any case I'm far less optimistic than Marckee on this one...
I wouldn't be as confident.
It depends what the promotor did. If he only had a week to find someone he might have just fired off e-mails to half an dozen bands in the hope that one might get back. Maybe not. No one can say really.
I mean, I'd actually put: "I can wait three days and then I'll have to ask someone else" or something.
Though I hope I'd write it less dick-like than that so it was clear I understood they might just not be able to get to a computer just then.
I've had this sort of thing before.
Awesome! I hope you get the gig, they're freakin' awesome!