Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
to a festival.
just to gauge their opinion.
but also 10/10 in the awesome pub banter scale
and 10/10 in the "kids, guess what i did on your mum's 30th birthday? i went to a festival that existed only for a few years back in the history and some band that you can only get on audio mp3 these days, sike. wotcher.*
sike and wotcher are the buzz words as predicted by mark in 2018
she went to paris without me once.
that i don't think i am qualified to answer. but... if you come closer i'll tell you.
could you not go to another one?
if you absolutely feel you must go, it definitely calls for some kind of OTT romantic gesture to be made beforehand.
my girlfriend would pretty much rip my nuts off if i did this
neither would she. but is it out of order?
Here is what I feel the criteria should be in order to assess the situation correctly. Bear in mind this is merely a guideline.
1) Is your girlfriend the uptight sort? (If no, skip to question 3)
2) How likely are you to be laid if you do not go to the festival?
3) What is the bill like? (If bad, go to question 5)
4) Are these bands you absolutely cannot miss live?
5) Is masturbation something you are opposed to?
6) If yes, can you go without coitus or onanism for the duration of the festival?
7) How open is your relationship?
8) How promiscuous are you?
9) How many lies are you willing to tell? (If none, skip to question 11)
10) How badly, on a scale of 1 - 10, with ten being the most heinously outrageous lies imaginable, are you prepared to lie to your girlfriend?
11) Would you or your girlfriend be able to compromise to some extent?
i didn't buy in to that for one second!
seriously though, i think she would have let me, but that wouldn't have been very loving or caring of me, and especially a 30th, most girls try to kill themselves once they are out of their 20s. so be prepared for her to need some really good lovin'.
When my girlfriend complains I'm leaving her for a week to go snowboarding, I'll point her in the direction of this thread.
AT LEAST I'M NOT METHS.
out of the question!
You're a hero to men everywhere.
Way to get dumped mate.
Suggest you rave about the line up on and on and wait for the 'yeah, when is it?' question. Claim ignorance, look it up online in front of her, guage her reaction, act accordingly.
You can thank me in Guinness.