* Newcastle University issues a public statement condemning Israel’s recent attack on Gaza and the continuing illegal occupation of Palestinian territories.
* Newcastle University divests its annual 3% in the arms trade, and develops an ethical and transparent investment policy.
* Newcastle University creates a scholarship programme for a minimum of 10 Palestinian students per year who have had their right to an education taken away because of the ongoing conflict.
* Newcastle University boycotts Israeli goods.
* Newcastle University supports its students in political actions and campaigning, and lifts the restrictions on flyering/postering on campus.
* Newcastle University provides academic aid and financial support to The Islamic University of Gaza.
* Newcastle University co-ordinates a fund and awareness raising campaign on behalf of medical aid for Palestinians, including publicising the Disaster and Emergency Committee’s appeal for aid through posters on all message boards and a banner on the University website.
Terms of negotiations:
* There will be no recriminations against any student involved in or supporting this occupation at any point either during or after its duration.
* Access to the occupied space will be under the control of the Newcastle University Gaza Solidarity Campaign during this occupation - this includes access to the toilets downstairs.
* We will have freedom of access for ourselves and other supporters into our occupied space.
* No security staff or other unauthorised persons will breach any of the doors to the occupied space during this occupation.