so a friend of mine, even though he loathes his job (and has been offered a new one) is considering not taking it - because he is currently on a council housing list and wants to move into some estate called Golden LaneS? he has told me this about it -
1) Their locations
2) Walk in wardrobes(!!!)
3) Private balconies and shared gardens
4) All inclusive rents that cap at £84 per week (that includes council tax and service charge)
and that's not even the Golden Lane ones, which also have
5) access to guest apartments
6) free storage facilities
7) city centre living with immediate access to greenspace
8) a residential swimming pool and gym(!!!)
9) completely amazing 180degree views of the city for residents of Great Arthur house
10) the option to buy or 'staircase' after you have been in council housing for a 5 years
which sounds pretty amazing, surely it can't be that easy to get a place like this, especially as council housing??
can anyone help to explain just how people get these kinds of places and if it's as easy as he has led me to believe - ie. he's been on the list for 1yr8months.