odessa, to be precise. off for a family wedding.
things i've learned so far:
- the bottles of wine on the tables at british receptions are replaced by bottles of vodka in the ukraine
- there will be arm-linking and leg-kicking dances to folk music
- the males get dressed up in tutus when everyone's pissed and in a party mood
- i have two ukrainian girls 'lined up for me'
- my step-mum's mother enjoys milk straight from the cow. apparently the cup of tea is made, the fat is spooned off the top of the milk and then a ladel is dipped in to get the required amount. oh dear.
anyone else been to odessa? anyone got tips/things to see/words of comfort?