I have made a one hour podcast / mixtape about how ace Iceland was. It has all kind of music on it, and some samples and field recordings thrown in too, including a skittering stone skipping across a frozen lagoon which "sounds like a UFO taking off".
Also - Growing meets the Reykjavik cathedral bells chiming. Rad!
Also, see if you recognise any of the songs...
1. "My black leather lady / I love you."
2. "John Johnny, my sweetest prince said / love should be full of suspense."
3. "The freckles in our eyes are mirror images / and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned."
4. "And he says: run from fear / fun from rear / that's what he'll say / that's what he'll say to them..."
5. "Free to live, last time / And you, you’re always / you’re wonderful / I wanted you / I do"
6. "She took me home and spit in my drink / she spoke of of Germaine Greer and Freud, I didn't know what to think / I took her in the kitchen, ass against the sink / she draped me in a stole (oh god) / I think Malaysian mink.."
7. "I've been there time and time again / the girl's no good for me and you /she hurts me too."
8. "All all along the eastern shore / put your circuits in the sea / this is what the world is for / making electricity."
9. "I was sitting / I was sitting at the table / and suddenly I could see it / And it was just like the movies and I couldn't move / 'cause I could see the cracks in everything / in every little thing / it was like the time that we were in the car / I was sick / I was on drugs / you were smoking pot while we were driving / we were driving, we were driving and suddenly I could see it, I could feel it, I saw the world break open! I could see it all!"
10. "Man you got a lot of jokes to tell / so you throw your baby's panties down the well..."
11. "Anyway that's fine / we're open to it / unfamiliar scene / we're choking on it / and we're shaking hands / with someone we don't know now."
12. "Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko! Borko!"