I'm hosting a round of a quiz at a party next week. Do you want to have a go? A point for each correct answer and try not to use Google/the internet. You can ask your Dad though.
1. Billy The Kid had a number of aliases. Can you spot the three correct ones?
Geoffrey T Smithson
William H Bonney
2. Dwight D Eisenhower was a famous WWII general and went on to be 34 President of the United States of America. But what name did the D stand for?
3. Match the following inventors to their invention:
Willis Carrier – Peanut Butter
Jonas Salk –Air Conditioning
George Washington Carver – Super Soaker
Lonnie G. Johnson – Light Bulb
Thomas Edison - Polio Vaccine
4. Can you guess the poet from the following anagram?
5. Which other two, less famous Americans, died in the same plane crash that killed Buddy Holly?
6. Which actor, singer, and, most famously, dancer, was born in 1899, died in 1987, stared in 31 musicals and was named fifth greatest male star of all time by the American Film Institute in 1999?
7. Whose three husbands were James Dougherty, Joe DiMaggio, and Arthur Miller?
8. According to the official report into his assassination, who shot President John F Kennedy?
9. Who was buried in Pere Lachaise cemetery, Paris, in 1971?
10. Which sports star said: “A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing.”