Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
1. An English alternative rock band, based in the South. Not yet signed the band gig as often as possible in venues such as the Pressure Point and Belishi’s Bar in Brighton, The Bridge House in Copsale and The Drill Hall in Horsham. They are a huge favourite of the locals, and have been together for 7 years (the ages of band members range from 19 to 21.) They have two albums under their belt and have now changed their name to Zevicon and are releasing a new album this February (2007) It will be a double disk; one their regular rock beats and the second an ambient chillout selection of songs.
2. A german thrash metal band from Würzburg. It was founded by Charly Steinhauer and Axel Blaha. In 1986 the band signed at Roadrunner Records and released 2 albums in the 80s, which where very similar to early Metallica records.
* 1987: Product of Imagination
* 1989: Heresy
* 2000: Collision Course
* 2008: Electrify
3. A thai rock band.
4. UK drum and bass artist Dev Pandya, who also produces under the name Alaska.
Dev Pandya is a producer from the UK who has in recent years championed a new sub-genre of drum & bass known as drumfunk, which focuses on either finding obscure breakbeats or re-sampling much used drum & bass breakbeats from their original source and transforming them into a drum & bass tempo.
Paradox is most certainly a breakbeat pioneer with a production career that has spanned well into it’s second decade. Having first released back in 1990, he’s since released over 100 singles on every leading drum’n’bass label including Reinforced, Good Looking, and Metalheadz, in addition to his own imprints such as Paradox Music, Arctic, Esotic, and Outsider. In the last couple years his collaborations with good mate Seba, and vocalist Robert Manos have solidified this man’s reputation as not only a talented breaks master, but a gifted songwriter with mass-appeal as well.
Paradox is currently involved in two collaborations with artists outside of drum and bass with The artists Herbie Hancock (who has heavily influenced much of his early work) and Carlos Santana.
Official site www.paradoxmusic.com
5. A german underground hiphop artist, which released his Album “Gefuehlsparasit” in 2005.
6. An early Israeli electro duo active in the late ’80s and including Lior Perlmutter, later of Astral Projection fame.
7. A faroese Pop Punk band, who put their first record out in 2005. It´s called Falling In Love. The members are called Heine, Búgvi and Andreas.
8. A (now dead) American Alternative Rock/Grunge band, from Pensacola, Florida. Fronted by the talented Jon Deale.
9. A Hardcore/Gabber DJ.
10. An underground hip-hop artist from texas, He is on the Voicebox Records Label.
11. A lithuanian undergound classic rock band, from Rokiškis. Band released debut album called “Tevo gitara”. Band webpage: www.paradoxas.info
12. A Powerful Alternative Rock outfit hailing from Ireland who’s music has gathered rave reviews on both sides of the Atlantic’!!The Irish Paradox were formed in 1996.
Circleof Growth - 2002
13. Christian unreleased hard rock band of the 80’s with only one demo called Ruler
14. A jazz fusion trio consisting of Billy Cobham (drums), Wolfgang Schmid (bass) and Bill Bickford (guitars).
15. A new wave band from New Zealand www.myspace.com/grupoparadox
16. A punk band from Slovakia. Later become famoust with name Zona A.
17. Paradox was a polish jazz band in the 70s, releasing records on POLSKIE NAGRANIA.
18. ParadoX - band from Andrychów, Poland.
19. Paradox - Hip-hop duo from Ladbroke Grove, West London. Signed to Ronin Records in 1990, they had a huge underground dance hit ‘Jailbreak’. With no radio play, it only got to 66 in the UK charts.
20. Paradox - Unsigned band from Brisbane, Australia. Created an 11 track demo called “The Mirror” in 1992, but split up soon after.
The paradox of time is that though it has no arrow, entropic knowledge defined by humanity, GIVES it an arrow.