Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
woh. every dr.who spin off character ever in the first 10 mins??
this had better be a good episode.
i'm excited. :)
cos he'll just regenerate.
is anyone else waiting for the Doctors daughters spin off show?
Suddenly she's a hard assed bitch!
unless people going OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 passes for a good episode.
Personally I like a bit of story and plot.
Next week's will be better but there'll be a reset switch and a Deus-Ex Machina ending that will leave us all going "Thank fuck Moffat's running it next."
DEATH! DESTRUCTION! DALEKS! in the finale. If it was it's own episode, it would suck major balls
I <3 Davros
It's like the melodrama dial was set to 11!!!!!!!!!11111
I understand it should be camp fun telly but this just went too far.
Except for Cribbins. He's IMMENSE here. They should have him 'back' as the companion after this.
I was quite stunned by that
Martha Jones has spent the series putting herself below Donna on the companion stakes. And now Rose is back being fucking useless too.
Basically the only person you'd like not to die is the Doctor and Bernard Cribbins. And it looks like they'll both pop their clogs here.
I might shed a tear.
Barrowman is the worst thing to happen to the world since 911
god that took a while. stupid work.
anyway, can't wait for tomorrows episode!!!!! :)
how are they going to get around him regenerating and staying the same?
having said that, when his daughter died and regenerated she stayed the same.
1. David Tennant really has left and the shots of him filming for the specials, the announcements etc are all disinformation
2. Tennant is in the specials, but as a multi doctor story
3. Something happens with the hand - the hand seems to have been pretty significant over the course of the last two series. Don't know what mind, unless DT regenerates into Doc 11 and the hand regenerates into Doc 10. That would be weird.
4. He regenerates into...David Tennant - it's always been implied that Timelords can control who/what they regenerate into if they have chance (see Romana in Destiny of the Daleks where she tries out about 3 different bodies). The Doctor regenerating 'randomly' is due to him being nearly dead each and every time (and more importantly because they were changing the actor!). However, he's nearly dead this time as well so that doesn't quite work...
5. Some kind of humongous reset button is pressed
6. We're still in some kind of Donna centric alternate reality
7. The Specials are set in the past so they can include Tennant even though he's left and also convinently can then include any one of the companions.
8. There ARE no specials next year and it was all a big smokescreen for him going and we get Moffat's take next year instead as a full season.
Is Donna a Timelord? Someone on the Register pointed out that Donna means lady, Noble is a lord and 'temp' is time. Ho ho... She keeps twisting the ring, did we hear TWO heartbeats as the camera zoomed in on them? Donna's mother is vague like he memory has been tampered with...Donna looks the same age as her mum too (Haw haw).
RESET SWITCH AHOY!!!!
i'm going to have to buy them all and rent them.
i missed last weeks donnacentric episode so i'm not sure about this ring malarkey.
buy them all and watch them.
are 8-13. The first 7 were just bad in different ways. Then Moffatt started his two parter and RTD managed to write a good episode and a not amazingly awful one just to lead us into it all.
travelling back in time to stop the Doctor regenerating and jumping in front of the Dalek's beam.
If they aren't going through with the regeneration, of course.
I thought Eccleston was a bit shit. Sylvestor McCoy was cack in the old series. Patrick Troughton had anger issues. David Tennant is one of the most charismatic Doctors ever.
and last full series run by Russell T. Davies, thankfully.
The Empty Child/Doctor Dances from 1st season with "Are you my mummy?"
Girl in the Fireplace from the 2nd season with the time travel to 17th (?) century France
Blink! from the last season with the statues that take people through time
Two two parter in this season.
He also wrote Coupling and other comedies and that Jekyll and Hyde thing recently.