I've been dreading and anticipating this day forever, as now I find out whether I can possibly equal the efforts of Chiaroscuro and Alcxxk in terms of post milestone posts.
As I'm nowhere near as smart/articulate as the former, yet not quite as sartorially elegant and dashing as the latter, I've decided to be a copycat (copycxxk?), and do an awards style list for the first 5, and follow it up with 5 youtube videos I love, and then 10 other things I love, mmmkay?
I encourage you to do the same.
Oh, and you can ask questions/shout insults/fling poo, in the traditional DiS style.
1) 'My favourite post that I have made award', goes to me, rather predictably:
2) 'My favourite post of all time by someone else' award goes to Bamos: http://festivals.drownedinsound.com/articles/2619386#r2619501
3) 'My favourite thread of all time' goes to the 'Funny Dogs' thread:
4) 'My favourite thread that I made a significant contribution to' (cause I never start good threads) goes to the Christian Rock Band thread:
5) 'My favourite username of all time' goes to: http://festivals.drownedinsound.com/user/view/18582
And onto the youtube section
1) Favourite new youtube moment is Li'l Wayne live on Jimmy Kimmel. Everything about this video is right. I love his lecherous snarl. Plus, full band!
2) Favourite 'painful' youtube goes to this little beauty (The guy getting hit by the horse gets me EVERY DAMN TIME):
3) Favourite ethnic song goes, predictably, to:
4) Favourite downright brilliant youtube award goes to :
5) Favourite music video goes to a very simple one:
Onwards, to the general category, dear reader.
1) Battlestar Galactica. Cause it's freakin' great, ok? Watch it here:
2) Amazon Marketplace. People need to use this more. Forget about recycling the bottles you use, why not recycle CDs and buy recycled CDs. It makes sense, cause if there's something you don't want, someone else will want it, by the law of supply and demand.
The best site on the internet, ever. And yes, I have been submitted to that site by some 'friends'.
4) Facebook. I know, Captain Obvious. But it's great! Add me! I'm friendly!
Because they're cheap and they shit all over American Apparel.
6) Red Wine. Because it has 'depth'.
7) Autumn Reeser. Phwoar etc etc.
8) Nike kicks. Because kicks is a really great word to describe shoes, and because the swoosh is the single greatest brand image in the world. And they're hella comfortable and hella cool.
9) Fish. They taste great. Go to the supermarket, buy some and cook it for dinner tonight. You'll feel good.
10) You, the people of DiS. You make me laugh, think, drink and all that other soppy shit. Awww
Thanks, you've been great, and I've been LBC.