1. england fans are fucking moronic, booing after half an hour due to the lack of kick and rush football.
2. we kept possession much better tonight. the performance was more measured than we've seen in recent times, with a noticeable lack of long balls from the back. anyone expecting kick and rush premiership style football was incredibly naive; we played like an archetypal serie a side tonight.
3. the players were positionally very disciplined, which was pretty impressive.
4. graham taylor needs to shut the fucking fuck up about barry not being a holding midfielder. 6 months ago you were proclaiming mclaren as a genius for playing him in that role. he's not a holding player in the makalele mould but he's suited to holding his position and playing intelligent possession football.
5. i for one am happy with the performance. i'm sure many won't be. fact is, we've shown glimpses of how we need to play if we're going to beat better teams tonight. we've kept possession decently and looked organised as well as holding a high line towards the end rather than dropping deep; i'd say it's a good platform to build on.