Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
can it set fire to your house?
my parents said that it could but i've recently thought that they were probably lying, but why would they lie? Or maybe they were misinformed, my dad doesn't trust microwaves and is sceptical of evolution so he's not the most reliable source.
Anything your parents told you that is almost certainly a bare-faced lie?
my parents beleive that if you leave a phone charging overnight the house will go on fire.
you can see the infra red laser beam working!
but I believe it because it is cool.
a guy came into school from the fire brigade and my teacher asked that very question and he said it could, saying something about "sparks" and "flammable".
the fire brigade are gonna air on the side of caution, i've never seen sparks come out of a remote.
what method did you use?