This is real life, not a film. There are no rules.
In films however, there are rules. One of which is this:
1) When a character says "This is real life, not a movie" they are still in a film.
2) Every film must contain the line "Let's get outta here!"
3) The American President in times of crisis must intone in a gravelly voice: "My... GOD!"
4) Cars can be hotwired by selecting any two wires at random and putting them together.
5) When driving a car, you don't really have to look at the road when you're talking to someone.
There are more. List them here for our edification.