Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
alas it makes me happy
the other side of my room.
Have you just woken up?
Until 7am. Are you moving?
while major work takes place and turns it into a (dare I say right now) incredibly plush house.
I shall enjoy winter here later on, put it that way (it's normally freezing in summer in my room - I think someone died in here many years ago).
but will use the time productively to meet up with friends, more tinkering with tracktor, and um... read books.. yeah, books... and umm... cinema... and stuff. Like I used to. Before I got the net at home a few months ago.
am learning digitahl methods now.
I'm sleepy now.
Ban yourself from DiS by not paying the internet bill? (not really).
Ask Fishplums to ban you.
I'm excited about getting back out into the real world - I used to be SO SOCIAL and well, it's time to reclaim that mid week tiara (fortunately, it's silly season about to kick in).
Nighty night, sweetie pie.
location: King's Cross head quarters
Customers: none, at present, expecting tourists and voyagers at 12:30am.
Fee: £50 suck and fuck
this is a family forum
PM me for details
can I get a buy 2 get one free offer?
First client of the night
A) Listen to Elliott Smith and brood
B) Listen to Pinkerton and dance the brooding away with cathaticism.
a star was born
Think about how pretty you looked today James...
I should really sign out soon but I cannot.
you are THE REASON I started this thread
'cos mine are a bit rubbish :p
I'll stick around for a bit but my toes are cold :(
probably the most evil things in life
really not the most attractive body parts and people who have fetishes for them just confuse me!
anyways I am now being kicked off, good luck with getting through your night shift! x
enjoy school tomorrow x
Also, see: South Park s10e10 - Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
You type such sweet foreplay
how are you?
GOOD MORNING GORGEOUS!
alas The Football Factory is now on so I will be here for a while I feel...
Oh and HELLO!
is that slang for having a wank?
Convergence of functions anyone?
You have such a way with words!
bottom of why you are so happy!
I wish. . What do you study?
you must wank a fair bit.
...it's not all wanks and cunt rubbing you know...
I can only connect with people on sexual terms.
The sqaure root of 64 is 8 right?
is a good night.
where do you work?
friend of the night by Mogwai dead loud through headphones whilst high as a kite. Its brilliant
Your utter dislike for me hurts me so.
You're hardly sophiecherryx. You're just one of the vast majority of DiSers that I'm neither here nor there about, as I don't engage them in conversation often and am deeply unlikely to meet in real life. With any luck, you feel exactly the same, and our children will as well, and in the future everyone will treat each other with the kind of lukewarm diffidence that prevents wars from happening.
I'm sure SHEZALUVLYPERSENNREALLIVE, however her persona grates on me. It's become a meme thing now that I can't really be bothered with anymore, she posts something bubbly about penises and I reply she's an arsewit, she gets upset about it, I derive a tiny amount of bitter satisfaction from it.
I am also not offended.
Isn't it funny when different peoples DiS hour synchronise?
holla at your girl
For it makes me sound like a tool.
i'm saff of the river mate
you get me
just not down with the 'landan' lingo.
being all john o' groatish!
fog on th' tin's all mine al mine fog o' the tine's all miiine
Fog o' the tine. A wee Scottish song, isan't it?
sorry i'm a self-confessed racist.
i've missed your insomnia threads.
you aiiiggght holla at your girl
you going to see le Manics?
Glasto footage made me sad :(
I hated that song with that Cardigans bird it was utter shite
i bought that Jeremy Deller book again though about Manics-inspired artwork. i think you'd like it :)
i'm also thinking of doing an exhibition called Archives Of Paint. i stole the idea off OceanStorm though.
and help out if you like!
where i am its day time right now
so good morning
where are you?
time for breakfast
Do you work in China? WHat do you do? Do you like living in China? Don't go!
and i dont have any morning newspaper to read but this is much more amusing
its 9.14 am
i live and work here
im a teacher
it's both heaven and hell
and almost never inbetween
I got offered a job teaching English in Japan with the Nova group earlier this year. I'm a fool as I didn't take it. And you are right, my job is tripe :( How long have you been out there? MMMM mandarins
you have just made me really happy and relieved
my new favourite word
it definitely beats the daily grind of a shitty job in england
yeah u should have taken it. nova is quite good from what i know
beats nightime shift
japan is also cool though havent been there
now its mandarin season and oh ym god they're so nice and juicy
tehy're a big name in japanese english teaching so thats quite something
if u want to go to japan recommend you the government backed JET scheme. the pay good and it's government backed
but u may have missed the closing date for admissions for JET for 2008. i think u have to send in by early winter and they then call up for an interview and decide in spring.but go check it out
How long are you planning on staying in China? Is there any hostility towards British people or are they generally welcoming?
But videos won't upload on this computer. Dam this company.
That gives me a mere 8 hours sleep. I NEEDS my sleep.
uni smoony if I can get a degree I'm sure you can
probably the best whatever they're called i've heard in ages!
I thought the Scottish govenment just handed them out anyway ;)
not quite, but they did make them free.
Got to love the Scottish Parliament, who persist on throwing money at student.
I'm in £23,000 worth of debt for being Welsh.
as if debt wasn't enough.
Ssssh, Welsh accents are amazing.
23 grand is a fair whach. I'll be around the 16 grand mark when I graduate.
WELSJ/SWEDISH AND SAFF OF THE RIVER rolled inta one. You have a Scottish accent aye?
I'm a tcheucter (pron. chookter), thankfully nowt like the weegie accent.
I'm actually going to bed this time, no excuses.
I feel so much better than you now, but I'd love to swap, come 7a.m
That's a form of Accretion
i'm always working
for the last 6 hours I've been drinking.
How to Wash a Chicken
Washing a chicken is necessary so that it will look its best when in a show. If you've never heard of washing a chicken, don't worry; I didn't either until I was ready to go to the show. Then somebody kindly told me (the newbie) that the chickens should be washed.
1. Prepare the tubs! (But wait! If the weather is too cold to get a chicken wet outside, you might want to wash them inside.) In the first tub, you pour Woolite or the Cat Shampoo in (Use the Cat Shampoo if your chicken has mites or fleas). Then pour in the water (so it gets nice and foamy.) Use warm or lukewarm water unless it is a very hot day.
2. In the second tub, just pour plain old water. This is the tub where you rinse the bird.
3. In the third tub, pour in a mixture of vinegar and water (2 cups of vinegar to a gallon of water)
4. Pick the chicken you're going to wash. This is the one that NEEDS to be clean, or is the dirtiest.
5. Put the chicken in the first tub, slowly. (If they've never had a bath before, this tub is where they'll freak out. By tub two, they will hopefully be too tired to struggle.) Scoop some of the foam onto their bodies, and gently rub it in, being careful to not break the feathers. Don't forget to clean their feet, the vent, and under their wings! Always keep the head above the water, because chickens are not the smartest animals and can easily drown.
6. Transfer them to the second tub and get all of the soap off.
7. In the third tub, just make sure the vinegar water gets all over their body. This will make their feathers shinier.
8. Now, if it is warm day, you can towel-dry them a bit. If it is cold, you'll want to bring them inside and blow dry them completely.
9. Do their beaks or nails need to be trimmed? If so, then start trimming! (You'll want to file the beak so that it is sharp and pointy. And on the nails, cut tiny bits at a time and watch the blood line! [that's the little red line you may or may not be able to see in the nail. If your chicken has dark nails, you'll want to cut teeny little bits at a time. If the nail starts bleeding, dip it into a powdery substance, like flour or baking powder.])
· A toothpick can be used to clean out the scales on the bird's legs. Don't be afraid to dig, the bird will tell you if you're going too deep. Occasionally whitish looking scales will come off (A dead/old scale). Doesn't the scale underneath look all clean and shiny?? THAT'S GOOD!
· If it's a show you're washing them for, you may want to bring a rag or little towel if they suddenly get dirty.
· If you see the chicken stick its head up high, it is looking where to fly! If you're willing to take the risk of becoming wetter, clamp the bird's wings to its body (with your hands, of course- silly you!). If not, back away!
· Whatever you do, do NOT let the chicken put its head down, it is very possible that it will drown; the water fills the breathing passages and disorientates the bird.
Things You'll Need
· A chicken
· 3 wash tubs
· Woolite or Flea Removing Cat Shampoo (First tub)
· Luke warm water (all three tubs, especially second tub)
· Vinegar (third tub)
· Nail trimmers (use one meant for a human baby or a small dog) (use only if necessary)
· Hair dryer (if the chicken is shivering) or towels
· Toothpick (optional, see tips)
no-one really takes much pleasure in washing chickens.
I was really depressed until my work mate just gave me an ipod full of great songs :-D
but I did talk to you both t'other night
and due to tiredness, drinks, I initially wrote nightshift as nighshaft, uhhh
there is hope in this world :) listening to a band called Swans.
Im bored :(
thats... so boring :(
Although i'm no better! my back hurts and I feel ill which is bout as interesting as my life gets these days now that i'm not a teen :(
POTATO SMILIES. AMAZING AMAZING
I'm just a twat in a hat
restrictive access. I did ask earlier where you worked...
oh, me, i just do 'stuff'
I finished my essay, went out for a bit, and I'm going to see Okkervil River tomorrow. These are all good things.
I guess I'd have to say Smashing Pumpkins were kind of special to me at Reading, only because I've been a fan for so long.
Language "hello" Pronunciation
Arabic Al Salaam a'alaykum Ahl sah-LAHM ah ah-LAY-koom
Armenian Barev Bar-ev
Bulgarian Zdraveite ZZ-DRA-veyt
Cantonese Nei Hou Nay Hoe
Croatian Bok BOHk
Czech Dobry den DO-bry den
Danish Goddag Go dah
Dutch Hallo Hal-low
Estonian Tere TER-e
Finnish Terve TER-vey
French Bonjour Bohn-ZHOOR
German Guten Tag GOOT-en Tahk
Greek Kalimera Kah-lee-MEH-rah
Hawaiian Aloha Ah-LOH-hah
Hebrew Shalom Sha-LOHM
Hindi Namaste Nah-mah-STAY
Hungarian Szia ZEE-yah
Icelandic Hallo Hal-lo
Indonesian Assalamu alai kum Ahl sah-LAHM ah-LAY-koom
Italian Buon giorno Bwohn JOR-noh
Japanese Konnichiwa Kon-NEE-chee wah
Korean Annyong ha shimnikka An-YOH HASHim-ni-kah
Lithuanian Labas Lah-bahs
Mandarin Ni Hao Knee how
Mayan Ba'ax ka wa'alik BAH-ah shko-WAH al-LEEK
Mohawk Sekoh SHE-goh
Navajo Ya at eeh YAH-AHT-AY
Norwegian God dag Goo-dagh
Persian Selam She-lam
Polish Czesc Chesht
Portuguese Oi Oy
Romanian Buna ziua BOO-nuh ZEE-wa
Russian Zdraustvuite ZzDRAST-voyt-yah
Samoan Talofa lava Tah-lo-fa la-va
Serbian Zdravo ZDRAH-vo
Slovak Dobry den Dobree den
Slovenian Zdravo ZDRAD-vo
Spanish Hola OH-la
Swahili Jambo JAM-bo
Swedish God dag Goo dag
Tagalog Magandang tanghali po Ma-gan DANG tang-HA-lee poh
Turkish Merhaba MER-ha-ba
Ukranian Pryvit Pri-veet
Ute Mique Mak
Welsh Bore da BOY-ray DAH
I hate it when the time hits 4:48am
Listening to Thom Yorke at 4:54am in the morning doing a job I fucking hate, or posting messages to myself on DIS.
Or rather just got bored