okay, so story goes: there's been a wasp nest somewhere at work for the past couple of weeks - on average at evenings we've been sweeping up at least 50 or so dead wasps. there's always dozens flying around in the shop - and it was only friday that someone actually came in to look at it - and nothing's being done til monday. anyway, i have a phobia, in the proper sense of the word, and have had two fairly severe panic attacks, where i could barely breathe for several minutes.
today was probably a bit worse than most, i had about four or five constantly swarming around my head whilst on the tills - which are very enclosed and take some time to get through the security door. anyway, i feel another panic attack coming on, i'm sick, feel like i'm about to faint so say i've had enough, can't work with the wasps everywhere, and walk out.
management didn't say anything, just opened the door and shut the shop (i was the only csa in). sooo, anyway:
1) Can they fire/sue/fine me or anything?
2) Does it sound like a break of health and safety regs?
3) I no longer have a reference right?
4) If they fire me can I sue Sainsbury's for big $$$$$s?
5) Is there a better place to ask these questions than DiS on a Sunday morning?