I, erm, would usually dismiss this as a load of rubbish, but my sister went for a tarot card reading this morning and his knowledge about her life was quite shocking. It's made me curious and I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences? To be specific:
- on arrival 'who is over from abroad at the moment?' - my mother. she comes over a few times a year - to my knowledge, she is the only person who stays at her house from abroad. this guy has never met my sister before.
- you are currently considering a massive career change - go with it, it will work well for you, you'll have some obstacles to get over initially but it will work and it will be financially beneficial too. she's only ever had 2 jobs in the course of 20 years and in the last month has been discussing getting out of it all to do something completely different... hmmm!
- 'your husband gets too tetchy too often - he needs to learn to stop himself and count to 20 when he feels like snapping'. a conversation they had literally had the night before between them.
- there's a problem in your house with electrics, are the electrics up to date?' (on response to no, they're up to date) 'i'm seeing a potential fire, would you do me a favour and just check everything when you get home, and throw out anything that's broken, don't bother trying to fix it, just throw it out?' mum's hairdryer had exploded the day before.
I forget the other examples specific to her, but in respect to other people that her friend knows and their former readings:
- 'do you check your breasts for lumps? i would like you to check them very soon please'. she had never done so. she had a car crash within days, the seatbelt bruised the side of her breast, whilst examining her they discovered she had breast cancer. sadly, she later died, and apparently blamed it all on him (people are ODD).
- sister's friend who had various lumps that weren't cancerous over the years, so many in fact that she became complacent and didn't really bother checking them out immediately. she shows up one day and he says 'you have another couple of lumps and you haven't had them checked out, have you'?
Sorry for the mega long thread, but i've always thought these things were a nonsense - these aren't general things that may just be applicable to some people, and you can get by just on blagging it. Now tell me i'm being a stupid hippy?