Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
The best thing i've seen all week.
I heard some guy in a cafe talking about it not 2 hours ago.
that doesn't think it's THAT great?
IT'S A GORILLA PRETENDING TO BE PHIL COLLINS.
So much this.
by led zep. then it'd be awesome. phil collins just downgrades everything automatically.
seriously. This ranks amongst the best things I've ever seen on a screen. Or life in general.
cos if it is, then the advert is pretty awesome, if it's not...it just sucks.
I could write a list of ten things thats funny about it.
1. It's a minute and a half long. This is long for an advert, which makes it cool, but even more so in conjunction with
2. Its a minute and a half of a gorilla playing along to phil collins. With no explanation. Hilariously surreal and subversive.
3. The Gorilla suit is really good.
4. The emotion which he/she/it puts into the drumming is funny, especially the first snare hit. Double hands!
5. The slow pan out at the start builds up the tension
6. The only actual advertising of the product is a picture at the end. Brilliant.
7. ITS A GORILLA
9. ALONG TO
10. PHIL COLLINS
also: 11: when the gorilla cricks his neck.
(Though i fear im going to be hearing the line "have you seen that chocolate ad with the monkey in it yet? It's BRILL!" shouted on the bus by suits for the next couple of months)
actually the gorilla isn't playing solidly for the whole minute and a half, he only starts a bit in, so point 2 doesn't stand!
3. - I thought it looked pretty fake...
and so on and so forth, I started watching it, wondered when it'd get to the point..it finished...and I thought "oh".
Basically, I didn't like it that much.
well you don't know what the panther thread is about, so touché!
ps. please like me again, I don't like not being liked :( *sniff*
tell me it's good. then we`ll talk.
and seen as you now know what the pather thread is about, I'd say we're back to normal!
Its the power with which the gorilla plays the drums which makes fucking amazing.
... been shown on TV?
anyone remember that? TV? It looks a bit like your computer, but there's less porn.
it was on the advert break for Hollyoaks first look yesterday.