OK, the theme of the day is HARDCORE Trivia, so:
Here's a really really obscure cricket quiz!
1. a) The first subject is DEATH! Which early 20thc Australian cricketer was killed after being 'shot by his deranged mistress'?
b) And which cricketer was the only known Test cricketer to have been executed, for shooting his wife seven times after she confessed to adultery?
2. And now here's three questions about cricketers who have made it in other sporting fields.
a) Which well known Coventry City goal-keeper once bowled fast-medium for the Minor Counties in a Benson and Hedges cup game?
b) Which former England fly-half also captained Cambridge University Cricket Club in 1985, opening their batting?
c) Which famously ugly international footballer was a left-hand opening bat and seam bowler in the same England U15 side as 'Freddie' Flintoff?
3. Now we're onto Australian captains!
a) Which Australian captain resigned from the post in floods of tears in 1984 after only 4 victories in 28 matches?
b) Which Australian captain holds the record for the most consecutive Test Match Appearances by any player?
c) Which Australian captain lost 5-1 to Mike Brearley's England side in 1978/79 and then wrote a book about it called 'Lambs to the Slaughter'?
4. Since we're on question 4, it's only right that we talk about fours! Which batsman holds the record for the most fours in a test-match innings?
5. Which countries do these cricketers play for?
a) Majid Haq
b) Henry Osinde
c) Edgar Schiferli
d) Steve Tikolo
e) JB Burger
a) Which batsman holds the record for the most sixes in a Test Match innings?
b) What about the most sixes in an ASHES test match innings?
7. a) Which team currently hold the record for the highest test match score?
b) Which cricketer scored 340 in that innings?
8. a) What do Rodney Redmond and Andy Ganteaume have in common?
b) And what do celebrated English batsman Graham Gooch and Sri Lankan stalwart Marvan Atapattu have in common?
9. a) What do Richard Johnson and Ottis Gibson have in common?
b) And what do Bob Massie and Narendra Hirwani have in common?
c) And WHAT exactly do Geoff Griffin and Ian Meckiff have in common?
10. a) Which West Indian batsman bashed 258 in his final test match?
b) And which West Indian batsman made 214 in his first one, following it up with 100 in the second innings?
11. Which particular record was ruined when Ryan Sidebottom played his second test this summer?
12. Why is the name Arthur Edward Jeune Collins significant in cricket history, despite the fact that Collins never played a first class match?
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, KIDS.
Seriously, though, I'm writing a (fictional) book about pub quizzes and I need to make a team so I can go to a few.