1. By which names were these countries or territories previously known?
c) Democratic Republic of the Congo
f) Sri Lanka
h) Western Sahara
2. Fill in the blanks:
(a)[______], Ajman, (b)[______], Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm al-Quwain
3. For each of these European capitals, name the river that runs through it (if there's more than one, the famousest one will do):
4. a) Which is the largest London borough by area?
b) And the smallest?
5. Match the nickname to the American state:
a) The Badger State
b) The Buckeye State
c) The Garden State
d) The Sunflower State
e) The Tar Heel State
f) The Volunteer State
6. For each continent, name the highest peak and the country or countries it's in:
e) North America
f) South America
7. Fill in the blanks:
...Forties, (a)[______], Forth, Tyne, (b)[______], Fisher, German Bight, (c)[______], Thames, (d)[______], Wight, Portland, Plymouth, Biscay, Trafalgar, Fitzroy, Sole, Lundy, (e)[______], Irish Sea, Shannon, (f)[______], Malin, Hebrides...
8. The country known as the "land of a thousand lakes" has two official languages. What are they?
10. Identify the countries these flags belong to:
11. a) Which country in the world is the most densely populated?
b) And the least?
12. Where was the Russian flag recently planted, and what was the justification for doing so?