Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
for anyone who feels like thinking about stuff for 10 minutes.
or Top for that matter.
My main concern is this: his points are so obvious that we must live in a really thick society if people don't appreciate the need for reducing our consumption...the old 'reduce, re-use, recycle' should really read: 'reduce, reduce, reduce, reduce, re-use, recycle'...oh, and grow your own veg.
that people don't wan't to believe we need to reduce consumption. That they'd rather buy a bread maker and feel like they're saving the world than genuinely deny themselves anything.
because of all the 'alternatives' out there...and because they're thick...
and not mad and ranty things i've read by monbot.
i do remember an incredibly gleeful article in the times a while ago though, telling the world that he's bought a car. clarkson was quite complimentary about his choice, actually...
either we use less each or we have less people, they're the only ways.
6bn people at our consumption rate doesn't work.
population control now
I mean all you need is an acoustic guitar and some w**d and away you go.........oh thats a hippy not a rockstar.....oh well
Look Its very simple
1) people should not go abroad on holiday (they can chose to do this now)
2) people should not use internal combustion engine to go to work/get necessities/ get entertainment..........this is tricky as society has ben shaped by forces greater than the individual to create an human environment where this is not normally so...........therefore it is Up to the RULERS to rectify this.
3) All humans should be growing some of their own food......and keeping chickens and goats for eggs and milk
again this needs the rulers to help assist.
4) Local authorities shoulf be allowing people to stick up any old wind turbine (made from old car alternaters/dynamos
5) people should be putting their own sh** on their own land
since these sort of suggestions will result in howls of outrage about how do i expect everyone to be forced into this....or how that is so unrealistic............one can safely assume that basically the thing is not going to be sorted out since people who pay lip service to the idea of 'being green'
I am very bitter about the whole thing because when I attempted to go radically greener and show by example I got severely picked upon (I did not do it in an environment of like minded hippys, i did it amongst ordinary people........because its them that needs to change) However I recieved no support and extreme resistance.......I dashed myself to peices on their rocks of conservatism and petty materialism and mistrust of others 'stealing a march on them' if they gave an inch.
I am a cynical idealist
I don't think we need more than, say, ten internationally famous bands, ten that would be allowed to tour their own continent, ten that can tour their nation, ten per county, etc. There could be promotion and relegation, playoffs.
i want to be on morrissey's team