okay here is my rundown of a SUPERACE weekend.
dirty three x 2
nick cave x 4
psarandonis (greek family folk FTW)
josh t pearson
mary margaret o'hara (despite the near mental collapse)
a silver mt zion
magnolia electric company (sleep inducing, and i like the records)
youpi youpi yeah
the ones i cant remember although i was there:
- josh pearson was the social dynamo of the festival, seemingly being
everywhere at once and was even spotted in the swimming pool wave machine.
- invading some peoples chalet for singstar action to Wind Of Change on the
last night, followed by me and sarky Avril Lavigne's Complicated duet
- three slightly deranged guys on the last night a bit like the two killers
from diamonds are forever, pulling down trousers and doing sexy dance for
mahone whose hand seemed frighteningly close to their crotches
- dance dance revolution!
- theo is a momo. he lost on table hockey 300 times to his girlfriend. best theo moment: him spotting me in a crowd, walking past and shouting WANKER in my ear and then running away to
eat burger king.
- mahone cannot drive a bumper car. at all. he was ridiculed by scousers for this reason.
- awful pop quiz
- scrumpy drinking
- singing along to Shine 7 indie hits with sophie and her lovely brummie pals
- chalet party on the last night singing along to Range Life and King Of Carrot Flowers
- mahone's proplus rampage; 18 pills on the first day
- watching a silver mt zion stood next to Joanna Newsom
- spotting: Jim Reid, the fat one from shaun of the dead/hot fuzz
- being on the same train as nick cave, watching him and his wife and kids running down
the train platform cos they got on the wrong carriage
- lolsomely unattended DiS Meatup in the irish pub on the first night; Joe Totale the only man
with balls enough to be there (as far as my addled brain can remember)
- complete blackout between psaradonis and josh pearson
best person of the weekend: warren ellis
best songs: Low - Murderer, Wesley Willis - Arnold Schwarzenneger, Nick Cave - Tupelo
i had a lovely time with all the wonderful folks who housed me, and it was really nice
to spend more time with people i hadn't really hung out with before; especially sarky
and simon and sophie. big ups to them.
see you all in 3 weeks?