Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
In honour of this momenteous occasion I will be providing you all with a copy of my Shitlist.
1) The Blood Brothers.
2) Banana milkshakes.
i make a yummy banana quickie.
i never did tequila with you : (
that like a tummy banana quickie? Cos I'm not drinking that
Truck's banana smoothies are ace.
i look forward to truck mostly for those.
i used to look forward to everything in terms of food.
my mummy: "we're going to see the fireworks"
me: "Yay!" 'hotdogs!'
my friend: "wanna go into town today?"
me: "yeah cool!" 'i can buy apple laces in woolworths and eat lunch at mcdo!'
your comment just reminded me of that.
3) The Northern Line.
You know, during the particularly screechy bits of their live set I couldn't help thinking of you...
Tied to a chair, with Johnny Whitney's voice on a permanent loop in your headphones.
Stealthy's shitlist is a lot shorter than I imagined.
I'm gonna make a list of all the people I'm disappointed in.
I am in no way done. This list will continue over the next few months and years.
4) The Motorola Razr.
look at my list of really cool things:
1) Blood brothers
2) Banana Milkshakes
3) the northern line, cus it goes to camden innit, and camden is cool innit
5) The Hammond Organ.
6) This Life and any TV drama featuring affluent young Londoners screwing around and dealing with issues.
7) Clocking Off and any TV drama featuring gritty working class types screwing around and dealing with issues.
8) The drummer from Hundred Reasons.
9) Bloc Party. Again.
Fuck you, whitey!
Fuck you, fag!
10) People who describe 65 Days Of Static as math, or any variation of that term and the accompanying conntations. The fuck they are.
They are formulaic.
Plinky-plonk piano + 2 chord guitar progression x 32 note beats / a glitch part every once in awhile = All 65 Days Of Static songs.
11) People who fuck up MY list. THIS is the actual number 11.
12) people who try and give a formula for 65daysofstatic songs
awful, turgid, boring band.
Even if you think theyre "formulaic", how can you overlook, the energy, the frantic..ness..., the EXPLOSIONS?
sounds like mogwai with a big comedy 'glitch' button.
can't stand them.
Have you heard "65 doesent understand you"? That is so far from your description of them
Because if you take away the pre-recorded glitch beats, it would become quickly apparent that they're just a so-so postrock band.
Kinda like that bit Bill Bailey does where he demonstrates what U2 sound like without Edge's delay pedal.
And not only are they a so-so post rock band, but they rinse the same chord-progressions and structures for all their tunes, to the degree that if I'm listening to one of their albums I will sometimes lose concentration and think to myself at one point "didn't I already listen to this one?"
above, see 65 doesent understand you.
Amazing live show.
And whats so ba about the "pre recorded glitch beats"? Why is that a bad thing? Its not a gimmick as it makes them sound better.
12) The Levellers
13) Utility companies.
14) George Galloway MP. The day I saw him on the street, heard someone shout "OI CUNT!" and watched him turn around is the proudest of my life.
15) "Planned engineering works". Planned Fucking Up My Weekend Works, morelike. Think I'm going to West London now and trying to get the 7 night buses it'll take to get me back again when I need to be up early tomorrow morning and do it all again? It's not happening.
16) Night buses.
17) People who spell "hey" with two y's.
They should be taken from their house to the nearest sturdy oak and hung by the neck until death.
then it is acceptable, right?
'hot' with two 't's?
they have two different meanings
"Slang. Sexually excited or exciting."
it's a very weak argument